Monday, August 29, 2011

Be Your Own (Fill In The Blank)!

I'll bet you filled in that blank with "boss!" I sure did. We've heard it for years, "It's so simple to become your own boss." Well heck, it sure is! Quit your job and start your own venture! It's that easy. So, why don't we?

Fear!

Did I hear screams out in cyberspace? Yes folks, fear is what keeps us from achieving anything, ANYTHING in life. Am I kidding? No. Think about it...

WOMAN WATCHING THE OCEAN
© Eric Limon | Dreamstime.com

We have BIG FEARS, but that doesn't stop us from having BIG DREAMS! So take ten minutes out of your life today and write down your dreams - short term, intermediate, and long term. Here are mine:

Short Term (6mos to 1 yr):
  • Secure and income of $30,000 annually
  • Paint Red's room for her birthday
  • Plant a tree and re-do the flower bed at the front of the house
  • Zero debt
  • New roof with a ridge vent and new insulation in the attic.
Intermediate (1 to 2 yrs):
  • Secure and income of $60,000 annually
  • Afford to keep Red in Montessori school
  • Invisalign braces for me
  • Travel to Ireland with Red
Long Term (2 to 3 yrs):
  • Secure income of $100,000 annually
  • Renovate our house and add 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, an office, and enlarge and update the kitchen
  • Take Red, Mom, and Dad to Alaska on vacation
  • Invest in a property at the beach
  • Invest for our future, retirement, college, etc.
Does this seem like an unbelievable list? For someone without a job and a mortgage to pay, sure. But, that's why I became an entrepreneur. Won't you join me?

I'm having a new business Open House on September 15th at 7:00 PM. Come and meet some amazing women, network and eat good food. It promises to be a great time!

Shameless marketing for Wednesday, August 29, 2011: Become your own boss! Come to the Open House to find out how. E-mail me. Visit my iCommerce site. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment